AFP Train the Trainer
Date: February 25, 2021
Location: Virtual - Zoom
AFP Train the Trainer
Date: February 25 and 26, 2021
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (MST) (both days)
About the session:
Adult learning, leadership and facilitation - these are all skills that are essential in our work and in our ability to present in-front of and work with groups. Yet, for many of us, teaching and facilitation, implementing learning through leadership, are concepts we learn about, but may not always have the opportunity to implement. This Train-the-Trainer workshop encompasses both adult learning theory, leadership and facilitation learning as well as the opportunity to practice your instructional techniques in a supportive, informative learning environment.
- To create a profile and understanding of an effective & competent instructor.
- To link the competencies of an instructor and participant expectations with the outcomes of the session.
- To clarify the definition of learning, learning style challenges and solutions.
- To introduce basic principles of adult learners and relate them to the context of the course.
- To create strategies for working with adult learners.
- To overview AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising and CFRE Refresher
- To clarify the differences between each Course
- To provide participants with the tools to prepare to deliver a 12 minute mini-module to the group.
- To provide each "learner" in the group with an opportunity to give feedback to each "instructor" after each mini-module.
- To provide an opportunity for a large group debrief of the content and processes used in the delivery of participant presentations.
- To establish a comfortable environment for learning.
- To provide an opportunity for participants to get to know one another in a comfortable setting.
- To establish expectations of the participants.
- To create a positive climate for learning through involvement of participant values and needs.
Note: This course is offered exclusively to AFP members and will be held virtually. Zoom log in details and electronic course reference materials will be sent to all registered participants when registration closes.