Are you new
to fundraising and looking for a friend and mentor in the profession? Or, are
you an experienced fundraiser and want to help a newcomer to the field? We are
are pleased to offer the AFP Edmonton & Area Mentoring Program. This is a
terrific way to give back to those who are new to fundraising, and to increase
your skills as a newcomer to the field.
Mentoring is a powerful personal development and empowerment tool. It is an effective way of helping people to progress in their careers and is becoming increasing popular as its potential is realized. If you’re like most fundraisers, one of your passions includes a deeply held desire to give back to humankind, thereby making a difference in the world. We also share pride in our chosen profession and by making connections with others.
The AFP Edmonton & Area Chapter Mentorship Program is a great way to bring people together with different backgrounds, positions, experiences and positions of influence resulting in an enhanced experience in the fundraising profession.
Benefits of Being a Mentor
- Satisfaction of helping a new fundraising professional reach his or her professional goals
- An expanded network of professional colleagues
- Increasing your involvement in the community
- Recognizing you can make a difference
- Building new relationships
- Contributing to the quality of fundraising professionals
Benefits of Having a Mentor
- Individual recognition, encouragement and support
- Increased self-esteem and confidence when dealing with professionals
- Confidence to challenge oneself to achieve new goals and explore alternatives
- Experience in networking
Please contact Neil Luipasco, Chair of AFP Edmonton & Area Mentoring Program at email@example.com for more information or to take part in the program.